Silver Lake cemetery was filled by 1909 at which time HFBA purchased its second cemetery in Staten Island, Mount Richmond. HFBA engaged numerous local contractors and laborers to make the land suitable for burials. Some contractors became donors to HFBA, and whether Jewish or not, HFBA ensured that no work was done on the Sabbath by any of those it employed. Mt. Richmond Cemetery is still used today by HFBA as its primary burial space.